Monday, April 19, 2010

A new start?

I haven't done as much as I wanted with this Moscow blog, I haven't blogged at all from my stay in Moscow, summer 2009. This blog was created in a wave of pre-travel enthousiasm and firm belief I would actually write about Moscow and daytrips and whatever. From the moment I set my foot on Russian ground, I became lazy at the thought of writing, thinking it would be useless. Facebook is where I show my pictures anyway, although I'd like to write more about what people can see in them. Always sense that people are just watching and not reading any of the subtexts.


My biggest problem with blogging has always been the language. My two native languages are German and French. I love writing in German, but nobody would read it. On the other hand, friends and family would read French, the language I quite dislike and refuse to blog in. Using English will keep anyone from reading me and allow me the satisfaction of a default solution. And it give me practice.
Anyway, this is my new start at travel blogging, I might write a bit about previous trips and am very much looking forward to keeping it going.

0 comments: